Airflow decontamination system
Specialized antechambers which personnel must pass through before entering contamination controlled areas in order to decontaminate. The shower is designed for the entry and exit of one person at a time.
The air shower is designed with two doors that usually open and interlocked at the same time to avoid simultaneous opening.
A traffic light on both sides shows door status. Entering the shower from a “not classified” area automatically activates the airflow when the door closes thanks to pre-set cycle.
Emergency buttons inside and outside the air shower allow an immediate halt of the system and open the doors.
The air shower can also be used to decontaminate equipment on pallets, allowing it to pass from a not classified area to a classified area (e.g. class D). The chamber is kept under negative pressure by means of a suction fan that draws air from the pallet zone.
- structure in AISI 304 stainless steel
- HEPA filter, dimensions mm 610 x 610 x 292, Eurovent class H14 or H13 for high airflow rates
- n. 2 230 V centrifugal fan motors
- n. 4 high-speed air barriers (two on each side)
- internal light
- n. 1 differential pressure gauge: Magnehelic
- n. 2 glass doors with electronic interlock